Thursday, October 7, 2010

Waiting for Superman...

Hey everyone:),
I know I haven't posted anything in a while so I have something new to talk about today. A new movie is coming out not too long from now. The movie is known to be as "Waiting for Superman." The point of this movie is to express the current situation being based on all public schools. I've seen in fox news though that, currently, my school which is known to be as Theodore Roosevelt High School is being called a "Drop- Out Factory." Honestly, I'm not really happy that we have this type of reputation. I do not like that the news reporter even do a broadcast on this! I mean, I think they are just being sleazy and really nosy just to have a story. I strongly dislike the LAUSD and the partnership. I dislike that we're being known as a really low school especially to the public. I mean, I think that the school feels offended and really strong about what we're being called especially to seniors. I being a senior myself, do feel offended. I feel that we are doing a lot better than the past "decades" as they said during the newscast.  I just think that everyone else is being to judgmental of the school, the teachers and especially the students. The least the public could do is give the school a chance to redeem a proper name than just a "Dropout Factory."

No comments:

Post a Comment